As Australia’s northernmost capital city, Darwin is closer to Shenzhen, Singapore and Denpasar than it is to some of Australia’s capital cities.
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Darwin International Airport receives regular direct domestic and international services from several major and local airlines.
The deep-water Port of Darwin provides modern freight handling facilities, a dedicated bulk liquids berth and links with an intermodal road-rail network across Australia.
The strategic location of Darwin reduces shipping times to Asia providing a trade advantage for the export and import of bulk commodities.
Darwin is a strategic transport hub with sea, air, road and rail services including:
- the 24/7 Darwin International Airport, which supports four million passengers per annum and recently underwent a $75 million renovation
- 87 hectares of undeveloped land for aviation related and ancillary support services
- the Port of Darwin is Australia’s closest shipping port to Asia and offers a multi-use, mixed cargo and marine services port, directly linked to the national rail network, and connected by major highways to other capital cities; pricing is independently monitored by the Utilities Commission
- the Darwin Marine Supply Base, designed and purpose built to service current and future demands of the Australasian offshore oil and gas industry
- Darwin Business Park is a 100 hectare strategic corporate industrial estate, close to the port, Marine Supply Base and AustralAsia railway terminus
- a 150 hectare waterfront Marine Industry Park with seamless road, rail and sea links
- the Defence Support Hub, a 53 hectare strategic industrial precinct for businesses that provide services and supports Defence activities
- a Transport Industry Precinct providing 90 hectares of industrial estate in close proximity to transport nodes
- coastal shipping across northern Australia
- cold storage facilities at both the airport and the port to support the import and export of perishable commodities.
Related investment opportunities
- Darwin Business Park
- Darwin regional water supply
- Gove marine infrastructure
- Marine Industry Park
- Middle Arm Industrial Park
- Mount Isa to Tennant Creek railway
- Seniors lifestyle accommodation project
- Tiwi Islands
- Truck Central