Here are some skilled migration visa options that could suit you.
Visas that need a nomination from an employer
- Temporary Skill Shortage (Subclass 482) visa
- Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement (NT DAMA) is an employer-sponsored visa program which comes under the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (Subclass 482 labour agreement stream). An individual worker cannot apply for a visa independently under the NT DAMA. They should look for a job with an Northern Territory employer who will sponsor them.
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa a skilled, employer sponsored permanent residence visa for employers operating in regional Australia.
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400) allows short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work in limited circumstances.
- Training visa (Subclass 407) to take part in workplace-based training to enhance skills, area of tertiary study or field of expertise or to participate in a professional development training program in Australia.
- Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (Subclass 403) there are five streams to this visa including the Seasonal Worker Program.
General skilled migration visas
These visas are for young, skilled people with good levels of English:
- Skilled - Independent (Permanent) (Subclass 189) visa
- Skilled Regional Nominated (Provisional) (Subclass 489) visa
- Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) visa.
The Subclasses 489 and 190 visas need a nomination from an Australian state or territory government such as Australia's Northern Territory Government.
The Migration Innovation Northern Territory (MINT) program is an initiative owned by the Darwin Innovation Hub and Paspalis Asset Management which assists overseas nationals with obtaining the Northern Territory Government nomination, if they have demonstrated commitment to being involved in the Darwin Innovation Hub.
The 2017/18 MINT program is fully subscribed.
All MINT program participants will have received an email confirming their nomination reservation from MigrationNT by 25 June 2018.
If you are a participant in the 2017/18 MINT program please direct any queries regarding your application to your MINT program representative.
For further information on the MINT program go to the Darwin Innovation Hub website