Here are some skilled migration visa options that could suit you.
Visas that need a nomination from an employer
- Temporary Skill Shortage (Subclass 482) visa
- Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement (NT DAMA) is an employer-sponsored visa program which comes under the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (Subclass 482 labour agreement stream). An individual worker cannot apply for a visa independently under the NT DAMA. They should look for a job with an Northern Territory employer who will sponsor them.
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) visa a skilled, employer sponsored permanent residence visa for employers operating in regional Australia.
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400) allows short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work in limited circumstances.
- Training visa (Subclass 407) to take part in workplace-based training to enhance skills, area of tertiary study or field of expertise or to participate in a professional development training program in Australia.
- Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (Subclass 403) there are five streams to this visa including the Seasonal Worker Program.
General skilled migration visas
These visas are for young, skilled people with good levels of English:
- Skilled - Independent (Permanent) (Subclass 189) visa
- Skilled Regional Nominated (Provisional) (Subclass 489) visa
- Skilled Nominated (Subclass 190) visa.
The Subclasses 489 and 190 visas need a nomination from an Australian state or territory government such as Australia's Northern Territory Government.
The Migration Innovation Northern Territory (MINT) program is an initiative owned by the Darwin Innovation Hub and Paspalis Asset Management and supported by the Northern Territory Government.
The program assists overseas nationals get Northern Territory Government nomination. They need to show commitment to involvement with the Darwin Innovation Hub.
The Migration Innovation Northern Territory 2019/20 program has commenced. Read more on the program objectives, nomination criteria and how to take part.
For further information go to the Darwin Innovation Hub website.
Migrate to the Territory, Australia
View the transcript for the Migrate to the Territory, Australia video.