Australia's Northern Territory (NT) Migration Occupation List includes occupations that are:
- in demand in the NT
- eligible for NT nomination under the General Skilled Migration Program.
How to understand the NT Migration Occupation List
Occupations marked with an * require:
- mandatory licensing or registration requirement, and
- demonstrated English level either sufficient to meet licensing / registration or a minimum IELTS 6.0 score in each band or equivalent (whichever is higher).
Occupations marked with !! require you to have high level communication skills.
All other occupations not marked require a level of English of at least IELTS 6.0 in each band or equivalent from one of the English testing systems accepted by the Department of Home Affairs.
You may still apply for NT Government nomination even if your occupation is not on the NT Migration Occupations List if:
- your occupation is listed on the Department of Home Affairs combined current list of eligible skilled occupations, and
- your occupation is identified as being eligible for subclass 491 or subclass 190 visa, and
- you provide strong evidence of good employment prospects in the NT in your skilled occupation or you are an eligible NT graduate.