StudyNT student ambassadors promote the Territory as an ideal study destination and place to call home for international students.
Over 12 months StudyNT will give you the support, tools and training to do this successfully.
As a StudyNT student ambassador you will enjoy:
- personal and professional development
- networking with other students, Territory employers and international delegations
- valuable work and volunteering experience
- invitations to functions, community and networking events
- activities that complement your current studies, and
- opportunities beyond the classroom.
What is the StudyNT Student Ambassador Program
It is a year-long program, with the next program commencing March 2022.
In addition to up to five days of professional development (over the course of the year), you may also have the opportunity to:
- attend formal events with local and international business people and delegations
- present on your experiences as an international student
- attend national events and conferences
- participate in community events and activities, including the Harmony Soiree
- work up to 30 casual, paid hours between March 2022 and March 2023 (or the end of your studies)
- meet political leaders, businesses and academics.
- Applications open: 29 November 2021
- Information sessions: 16 December 2021 and 12 January 2022
- Applications close: 28 January 2022
- Interviews in Darwin CBD or via video link in Alice Springs: 8 to 10 February 2022
- Notification of successful ambassadors: 18 February 2022
- First professional development session: 31 March 2022.
Who can apply
To be eligible for a 2022 StudyNT student ambassador position you must:
- be an international student and holding a Student (subclass 500) visa or be a Territorian who holds a higher education scholarship from the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade and are studying at Charles Darwin University
- be at least 16 years of age on 1 January 2022
- you can still apply if you are graduating in December 2022 or on a six month course / program
- reside and be studying with the registered international education and training providers in the Northern Territory.
How you apply
Applications are open.
Step 1. Fill in the StudyNT student ambassador application.
Step 2. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 January 2022.
After you apply
- You must be available to participate in an interview between 8 and 10 February 2022 in Darwin CBD, attend the International Student Welcome Reception on 16 March 2022 and the first professional development session on 31 March 2022.
- Applicants studying in Alice Springs will be eligible to participate via video link.